Richard Harding can offer a range of plumbing services including replacing tanks and overflows, fixing and replacing electric hot water immersion heaters, vented & un-vented hot water cylinders and repairing and replacing electric shower installations.
Our plumbing and heating engineers in Worthing have been established in the trade for many years and we have amassed an unrivalled amount of knowledge and expertise. We offer a service that truly is second to none, at a price you'll be happy to pay for.
As fully qualified plumbing and heating engineers we are here to assist with your requirements! All our engineers are Gas Safe and ACS registered and for your peace of mind we are FULLY insured.
We can organise Trades from Tilers, Plasterers, Electricians to Decorators, not forgetting to book the Skip for larger jobs.
Our tips for saving energy & reducing running costs
- Roof insulation: Around 30% of the heat loss from a property is through the roof. Replace any old insulation with new insulation, preferably of around 200mm thickness or more.
- Window frames: Single glazed windows, particularly those with steel frames, can lose a great deal of heat. Consideration should be given to replacement with PVCu or wooden framed double glazed units.
- Curtains: Lined curtains, or the heavier full length curtains, can provide excellent insulation. However, always ensure that the curtains do not drape over radiators.
- Draughts: Try to ensure that draughts around doors, windows, letterboxes and keyholes etc., are reduced by using a suitable draught excluder. WARNING - Do not block or seal any air vents that are installed to ensure the central heating boiler operates safely.
- Room thermostats: Reducing the setting of the room thermostat by 1°C can reduce fuel consumption by up to 10%.
- New control systems: Upgrade your heating control system with the latest equipment available. The minimum level of control for a combi boiler or fully pumped system is a programmer, interlocking room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves.
- Radiators: If radiators are fitted on an outside wall, fitting reflective foil paper to the wall behind the radiator will reduce heat loss through the wall behind the radiator.
- Solar panels: The addition of solar water heating panels to your system could provide up to 70% of your annual hot water requirements from a renewable and free energy source.
For more information please call us on 01903 50 30 40 or contact us via our contact form.
Making Water and Gas work for you in the Shoreham, Lancing, Worthing and Littlehampton area